The adapter plate birth

The adapter plate is a very important component when it comes to a EV conversion. And in my case I think I may be able to build one myself given I've been involved in 3D design since the previous century. This would probably save me some 800 pounds or more and will be much more fun. 

I want to keep all the functionality of the clutch to change gears so this won't be just a flat slab of metal cut out as temporary fit.

So, I have contacted the Fiat archives in Turin for gaining access to the original drawings, but unfortunately at the time the Covid-19 pandemic was raging and they replied saying to call back later when staff would be allowed back in the library/archives. Good to know they were willing to engage in such service.

Anyhow I couldn't wait so long, and the lockdown gave me loads of time to ticker and think. So I started to look for a housing bells on the web. Struck of luck, here comes Felix salvage yard.

Can you see this mountain of engines? Hoo blime me, we'll have so many engines to recycle if we want to save this planet.

After 5 weeks and some brexit painful paperwork my transmission housing bell arrived.


Comments

Popular