Charger saga

 I have been progressing my efforts on two fronts.

1. Learn about CAN BUS, I am sure this will turn out to be useful in the future.

2. Getting hold of a charger that doesn't require CAN communication.

On the first front I have set up Ubuntu on my system, and got hold of a db9 connector. I still need to learn more about working and setting up CANBUS. 
I'll progress with this task on the background while trying to move on with the project on the second front.

In the mean time, finally I have found a good agreement for buying a Zivan NG3 charger configured for lithium batteries to the exact voltage of my EV system. This came at a cost of around £ 300.
I'll have to update the budget sheet. My initial charger was a good trove from eBay and was only 80ish pounds, but consider that my initial budget allocated for the charger was 450, just to give you an idea of costs.

The Zivan charger was easy to set up and start. I've emailed and then called also the support line which was very helpful in my queries.

Here you can see the two chargers side by side.


Here you have the Zivan "on my test bench" charging my primary modules.



Now I am ready to fit the charger and the battery on my donor vehicle.





Comments

Popular