Electric conversion for a Fiat 500 - all components

 Looking at the conversion kits out there at the moment it feels these are quite expensive so I've decided to look around for alternative solutions and consider the possibility to ensemble a kit of my own to see if this turns out to be affordable.

Let's have a look at what component is needed first of all. I would divide these in 4 categories:

Electrics, Software, Hardware, Tools.

Electrics:

  • Battery modules
  • Motor
  • Controller
  • Service disconnect
  • Throttle
  • Charger
  • Charger port
  • Display - instruments
  • Fuses
  • Cabling (high voltage) for battery to motor link
  • Wires
  • (BMS)
  • Miscellaneous bits

Software:

  • Controller software

Hardware:

  • Adapter plate
  • Battery mount
  • Motor mount
  • Bolts screws
Tools:
  • Toolbox
  • High voltage gloves
  • Safety goggles 

I'll be adding to this list as I discover more during the project.


Comments

Popular