On-board charging port

Today arrived the on-board charging port.

I may need to shorten the lead if I put the charger on the front of the car.


I am thinking of fitting the charger port under the front grill. I've seen other conversions adopting this approach and it looks good and practical.

Maybe I should start to look at moving the horn in a different position as this is "natively" positioned under the front badge grill for my version.

This will be a nice task for the coming weekend.



Note: You may find charger ports at 1 phase and at 3 phases. The main difference between 1P and 3P plugs is the size of the cable inlet.  1P plugs have a smaller cable diameter; 3P plugs have a larger cable diameter (check with cable size current rating charts).  Therefore, if you want to use 16A, 3P cable, you can use a 1P plug as the cable entry will be large enough.  If you want to use a 3P 32A cable you need a 3 phase plug.


Task: Move original horn

I am considering to move the horn where other Fiat 500 keep it. For instance L versions do not have the opening in the body under the front badge as this was changed to a smaller design.


 

Comments

Popular