Electric conversion for my Fiat 500 – day 11

 Today there was very little progress.

Everything was ready for the first test and all was going well...

So I've turned on the main on/off switch and the ClearView display lit up correctly, the contactor did close. From the display I could already see an error flag. This was about Motor in high voltage cutback.

Looking at the fault logs in the ClearView display I see the fault code and checking the configuration I can see the system is set up to cutback on high voltage of 102 V. 
The battery power feeds 104 Volts. This is the problem. 

I've tried to change the Overvolt Start Cutback and Overvolt Limit parameters over 104 V on the ClearView display, but nothing changed.
The error flag was still showing.

Could that be the case that the parameters did not take effect because they were changed with the  ClearView display?
Does anyone knows?

So I had 2 options now.

  1. Try to change the Overvolt limit parameters with the DVT sevcon software to see if in that way it would take effect.
  2. Lower the battery charge level.

I've opted for the second option.

Now I had my battery charged at 100 V circa and I did overcome the Overvoltage limit problem.

I went back to try to run the motor, and this time there were no errors displayed.

Tried to action the throttle full of excitement, but the motor did not spin at all. I could only hear a frying ZZZ noise.

After a few more tries and reboots of the controller I could see the motor shaking with some noise coming out of it.



Do let me know if you have any advice.
I'm stuck now... and I need help from somebody who knows more about the working of the controller.

May be the encoder on the motor is not working properly, or some parameters need tweaking.

I really don't understand why this happened... I was able to see the motor spinning when on my "test bench" but I didn't try for too long. That was my mistake. I should have run a more thorough test on the bench.

I'll try to see if the DVT software can record some logs and or show some faults.

Finger crossed.


Comments

Popular