The start of the electric conversion for my Fiat 500 - day 1

 Today as COP26 demos are happening though out the world I am starting to convert my Fiat 500 F to electric.

This is how it looks at dusk.


Here is a summary of what I've been able to achieve today:

STEP 1

  • Lift the car on wheel cradles
STEP 2
  • Detach battery [safety]
STEP 3
  • Un-screw 10mm engine boot lid bolt
  • Remove engine boot lid sliding off the side
STEP 4
  • Detach all electrics going to the engine
    • dynamo
    • distribution
    • oil pressure sensor
    • starter motor
STEP 5
  • Detach fuel line
STEP 6
  • Disconnect throttle cable
  • Disconnect chock cable
STEP 7
  • Disconnect starter cable - not done yet
STEP 8
  • Remove exhaust pipe shield pan
STEP 9
  • Remove duct filter to carb

NEXT
I hope to be able to do much more tomorrow.
I'll update in another post and update also this one with more pictures as soon as I can.


Comments

Popular