Electric conversion for my Fiat 500 - day 4 addendum

 In addition today I have also managed to bolt the adapter plate to the motor and a few other things.

Before bolting the plate I have measured the fitting on the bell housing to make sure the axis will align to the best.

STEP 30
Check alignment. This test is a very crafty one, it won't be very precise but only time will tell us if I need to move half micron step to the top, left, bottom, or right.

Let's hope hole will be working in the end. So far I can see the laser beam align in the right place.




STEP 31
The plate is secured with 4 bolts 19mm key is required although the threads for this bolts is in imperial measures, so I had to check the specs drawing of the motor in order to get the right kind of bolts.

Fitt 4 bols with washer and split ring washer.
I've added some blue threadlocker too.

STEP 31
Tight the bolts gradually in a X cross pattern. Everybody knows that!


Next steps
Fit the flywheel. 
Insert cables through the car tunnel.




Comments

Popular