i3 BMW battery modules

These are the batteries I'll be using for my conversion, two i3 modules. These are Samsung SDI lithium NMC cells. 



Voltage nominal: 3.8V/Cell, 45.6V/Module.
Charge voltage cut-off: 4.2V/Cell, 50.4V/Module.
Discharging cut-off: 3.3V/Cell, 39.6/Module.

The module is made up of 12 Samsung SDI cells.

The module nominal voltage i s 44.4V (94Amp).  

Weight is 28Kg

There are several balance wires and sensor wires coming out of the module.

8 yellow - connect to the 4 temperature sensors

4 white, 2 of are doubled on the last cell - one go to cell 9pos, one to cell 9neg and two to cell 12pos

2 white and red cables - to cell 8neg and 12neg

1 red - to cell 10pos

3 brown - two go to cell 1neg,  one to cell 5neg

2 black - cell 2 pos, cell 3 pos

2 black and green - one goes to cell 2neg, 6neg

1 black and red - cell 6 pos

The wires connect to the CSC unit and then to the BMW BMS.

I've seen other people recycling the same type of battery and opting to cut the connector off, I'll try to keep the connector and reverse engineer a male connector to then link to my BMS.

I'll show you more about the connector in the next post.




Comments

Popular