Electric conversion for my Fiat 500 - day 4

 Today was cleaning, cleaning, cleaning day.

STEP 22
Get a used plastic bottle or cup and putting few drops of white spirit. With a brush wet of white spirit brush off all the dirt on the bell housing.
Promptly dry with a rag.

You can see the results for the picture of the bell housing.


STEP 23
Remove the 2 wires going to the tank. One is the neutral the other is the positive going to the level sensor.

STEP 24
I have progressed with removing the fuel tank and open up the car tunnel to slide in a couple of sleeves to get cables from the front to the back to the car.

Unscrew the two brackets holding the tank. 13mm key.
The other end of the brackets is latched to a hook, so you just need to lift the bracket and set it free from the hook.

STEP 25
Empty the tank, mine has a bolt in the middle to the tank that allows for flushing so I've just undone this bolt.

STEP 26 
For now I've just wrapped it in a sort of cling film. I am not sure this is the best way to store it. I'll do something better later like put some paper or cardboard before the cling film or bubble wrap.

STEP 27
You'll discover some rust spots in the process, which I have treated them with some anti-rust compound. 

STEP 28
Another task of the day was to remove old gear box oil. To undo this bolt I've used a 17mm key.

Fiat 500 takes 1 Litre.
I have also replaced the oil bleeding bolt. As if knew the oil in and out lets were always dodgy I did buy in advance the replace cups/bolts. I've used only the outlet as the inlet was still in good shape.

STEP 29
Refill it with new oil. I needed a 13mm key to undo this bolt.  
I have taken a picture to show you where this inlet is as it may not be easy to find.





Comments

Popular