Final shopping list – getting ready for converting

 Getting ready for converting my Fiat 500 I am now making this list to make sure any extra bits and bobs that weren't included in my kit will be available on the day of swapping the engine for the motor.

I may need a few bits or not... still thinking... some are nice to haves, some may give extra security and protection, some may be down to the configuration and layout.

  1. Extra fuses - inc between batteries?
  2. Extra HV cabling 10mm in diameter (welding cable a cheaper alternative)
  3. Lugs for HV cable
  4. Shrink tubes
  5. A new digital multimeter 
  6. Type 2 charge connector port/socket
  7. Battery charger - still waiting for this...
  8. Pre-charge resistor

Maybes...

Do I need a circuit breaker?
Do I need extra releys/contactors?

Mechanical

  1. Oil cap - gearbox oil cup


Prep

  1. Insulate wrenches and hex keys to use on batteries
  2. ...


References
To understand the need for relays watch this



Comments

Popular